At Valley Software, we take your privacy very seriously. We will never collect any personal data without your consent. This document explains what data we store and how it is processed.
What Data we Collect
We collect the following personal data from you:
- We will collect your name and email address when you contact us, either through email or through our online form. This data is held on our email server and is never shared with any third party, or external system.
- We will collect your name, email address, phone number, and address when make a purchase. This will be stored in our database and will never be shared with any third party. This data will not be used for marketing.
- If you are a business customer, we will also store your company number and VAT number (if applicable). The same terms apply.
- Our payment vendor may store your personal information. For more information, please visit https://stripe.com/gb/legal/privacy-center
Why we collect data
We collect data for the following purposes:
- To respond to feedback you send us.
- To provide services.
Legal basis for processing your data
Our legal basis for collecting the data stated above is the legitimate interests of Valley Software Ltd, and of our customers & visitors.
What we do with your data
Any data provided by you will be stored on our internal systems. We will never:
- Sell, rent or share your personal data with third parties for any reason.
- Use your data for the purposes of marketing.
- use your data for the purposes of analytics or tracking.
Please not that we may share your data if we are required by law to do so – for example: if requested by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crimes.
How long we keep data
- Data provided in the form of an email may be stored indefinitely.
- Data provided in relation to the purchase of a product or service will be kept for as long as necessary to provide the products or services you have purchased.
- All data will be stored for as long as required by law.
Children's privacy protection
Our services are not intended for children under the age of thirteen (13). Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to purchase our products or services. Children between the ages of 13 and 18 must obtain the permission of their legal guardian in order to purchase our services.
If you are the legal guardian of a child under the age of 13 (or 18 if you have not given consent) and you believe them to have purchased our services, please contact us and we will remove their personal information from our system.
Where your data is stored
All data provided will be kept in our database which is located within the United Kingdom. We will never export your data to any country outside the United Kingdom.
Please be aware that data collected by our payment vendor may be transferred outside of the European Economic Area. For more information, please visit https://stripe.com/gb/legal/privacy-center
You have the right to request:
- A copy of all personal data held by Valley Software Ltd.
- That any inaccuracies in your personal data is corrected
- That your data is erased if there is no longer any justification for storing it.
- That the processing of your personal data is restricted in some circumstance,
If you are unhappy with the response to complaint regarding your personal data, you can complain to the Information Commissioner's Office
Valley Software reserves the right to change this policy at any time. If these changes affect how your personal data is processed, we will take reasonable steps to inform you prior to the changes being made.
Last updated: 9th March 2023